Boat Outboard Motor SafetyCr0sby_adm1n
Have Fun on The Water With Boat Outboard Motor Safety
Boat outboard motors are a popular motorized method of propelling small watercraft. Outboard motors are self-contained propulsion systems. Boat engine safety or boat outboard motor safety shouldn’t be taken for granted. Defects can develop.
Prior to each outing, doing a quick check will ensure boat engine safety and boat outboard motor safety.
- Boat outboard motor safety requires that motors should not start if in gear
- Check that the gear selector works correctly for boat outboard motor safety
- Check that the kill cord is attached and works for boat outboard motor safety
- For boat outboard motor safety the outboard motor should be securely fixed to the boat
- Passengers should know proper operation of the engine for boat outboard motor safety in an emergency
- Boat engine safety includes learning overboard procedures & signaling for help
- Boat outboard motor safety requires you and passengers to wear life jackets
- Educate passengers about the location and danger of the propeller for boat outboard motor safety
A boat engine safety rule is to always check the area around the propeller before starting to ensure no one is in the water swimming. If swimmers are nearby, do not put the boat into gear for boat outboard motor safety. When traveling through shallow water, for boat outboard motor safety, tilt the motor up to avoid hitting bottom or debris that could damage the motor or propeller.
Tethers, like The Leash, Ensure Boat Outboard Motor Safety
An outboard motor can strike a submerged object, break off and flip into the boat. This can create a severely dangerous situation to passengers in the boat. Read more about boat outboard motor safety and accidents from motors breaking away here. For boat outboard motor safety the motor should be securely attached with a tether like The Leash. This boat outboard motor safety is especially useful on the larger outboard motors used on bass boats. The Leash offers boat outboard motor safety that is similar to tethers used to prevent NASCAR car tires from becoming deadly projectiles during crashes. Another boat outboard motor safety feature of the Leash is that it may prevent your motor from sinking to the bottom of the lake.
Achieve Boat Outboard Motor Safety
Boat Outboard Motor Safety can be achieved by following safety checks and using proper safety equipment. Boat outboard motor safety is the owner’s responsibility to provide the necessary safeguards to protect people and property.
The Leash for Boat Outboard Motor Safety
The Leash is compatible with all outboard motor manufacturers. The Leash is hand-made with Vectran, one of the strongest liquid spun fibers in the world. Vectran is 5x’s stronger than steel. Vectran is a fabric used by NASA in its exploration of Mars.
Practice good boat outboard motor safety by ordering The Leash today! Have peace of mind that your family and friends are safe!